When it comes to peanut butter, you usually fall into 2 categories: the lover or the hater. I have the two categories at home. On my side, I like it but I am not 100% crazy about it ( I am more a Nutella lover that is for sure !). Upon repeated requests from the Lover category at home, I decided to have a go at it and it turned out pretty well … As I wasn’t used to bake with Peanut Butter, I decided to try a recipe from a Peanut Butter Fan : Sally ! She has amazing recipes in her book : Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook. I liked the idea to have Butter Roasted Peanut Crunch in the cookies and have adapted the recipe a bit.
Ingredients (for about 20 cookies):
– 160g (1 1/4 cup) of all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp of baking powder
– 1/2 tsp of baking soda
– 80g (1/3 cup) of softened butter, room temperature
– 100g (2/3 cup) of brown sugar
– 50g (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 125g (1/2 cup) of peanut butter
– 90g (2/3 cup) of butter toasted peanuts (or honey toasted peanuts or salted peanuts)
1.In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda & baking powder. Set aside.
2. Using your mixer at medium speed, beat the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for one more minute.
4. Add the peanut butter and beat an extra minute.
5. Gradually and at low speed, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined. Do not overmix.
6. Fold in the chopped butter toasted peanuts and mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
7. Chill in the fridge for minimum 2 hours.
8. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and line a cooking pan with cooking paper.
9. Take the chilled dough out from the fridge and roll into balls. Place the balls on the cooking pan, not too close one from another and gently press on the cookies with a fork to create a nice pattern.
10. Bake for 12 minutes, until lightly brown on the edges. Allow to cool down (if you can ..) and the cookies can be stored in an air-tight container for a couple of days.