It is finally the week end. However, the first shiny days of spring we enjoyed during the week have now been replaced by a grey-rainy morning. I had my cappuccino and kids a late breakfast so I decided to go for a light quick & easy lunch, browsing what I have in the fridge: Broccoli, Eggs and Parmesan … and a few slices of bread of course 🙂 I noticed this recipe in the “Delicious” magazine (March 2014 issue) since some time and always thought it will be perfect for a brunch or whenever I don’t feel like having a heavy lunch. You can replace this vegetarian version by also adding some bacon.
Ingredients: for 3 ramekins
– 1 onion
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– 400g of broccoli
– 3 eggs
– 3 tbsp of sour cream
– 3 tbsp of grated parmesan
– salt & pepper
For the Garlic Butter:
– 30g (2 tbsp) of softened butter
– 1 or 2 garlic cloves
– some parsley
1. First you have to prepare the garlic butter. Crushed the garlic cloves together with the parsley (keep small parsley aside for decoration). In a small bowl, mix together with a small fork, the garlic/parsley with the softened butter until well incorporated. Season, cover and chill in the fridge.
2. In a large frying pan under medium heat, fry the sliced onions with the olive oil. Stir in from time to time.
3. In the meantime, steam-cook the broccoli in the pressure cooker for 3 minutes.
4. Add the brocoli to the pan with the onions and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Divide the vegetables among the 3 ramekins.
6. Crack one egg per ramekin, season and pour 1 tbsp of sour cream in each ramekin, then 1 tbsp of grated parmesan.
7. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes till the egg white is cooked.
8. Sprinkle some parsley on top of each ramekin and serve immediately with garlic butter toasts.