Finally ! I was craving for this Nutella Brownies recipe since long time now … and I must admit this is not the healthiest recipe (don’t try the bikini just yet …) but once in a while, it is soooo good ! On top, I think my kids at home wouldn’t have talked to me this week-end if I wouldn’t have done it … It has been some time I promised them Nutella brownies .. needless to say it was long time overdue. I found this recipe on the delicious blog “Sweet and savoury pursuits”: Thank you Fida, I told you I will try your recipe soon ! Now, I need to run (literally … need to loose those “nutella/love” handles .. 🙂 )
– 120g of hazelnuts coarsely chopped
– 60g of walnuts coarsely chopped
– 90g (3/4 cup) of all purpose flour
– 3 eggs
– 400g (1 ½ cup) of Nutella
– 130g (3/4 cup) of brown sugar
– 150g (2/3 cup) of butter
– pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- In a pan, toast the coarsely chopped hazelnuts & walnuts (do not add any oil) for about 5 to 10 minutes until they begin to colour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (watch the timing: leave it until it is almost melted, then remove it and stir in until smooth). Put aside to cool slightly
- . Mix flour and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Set aside
- . In a large bowl, mix at medium speed the eggs, nutella and brown sugar until well combined and creamy texture.
6. Gradually and at low speed, add the flour, alternatively with the melted butter.
7. Finally add the chopped toasted hazelnuts. Stir in until they are well distributed in the batter.8.Spread the brownie batter in your baking pan (I usually use silicon pan so you don’t need to oil but I still line it with baking sheets, leaving them overhang on all sides) 9.Bake for 30 minutes. The toothpick method doesn’t apply here … but look at it closely and it is ready once it starts cracking on the top and the corners/side come off: It is ready to take out
10. Important: Allow to cool completely before cutting it into squares. The brownies will continue to set as it cool down and develop its flavour. It also comes out much easier when properly cooled.
11. The brownies can keep in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days (if you managed to keep them that long … )