Are you looking for ideas for Valentines day ? Those cute “Bouchées” (which means in French “small bites”) are not the normal-size cup cakes but I baked them in the cute mini cupcakes moulds, and they would be perfect to share with your loved ones. I used my quick and easy vanilla cake recipe and added one raspberry on top of each mini cup cake. It just goes perfectly together: the sweetness of the vanilla with the acidity of the raspberry. Ingredients (for 24 mini cup cakes):
– 1 egg
– 1dl (1/3 cup) of sour cream
– 1 natural yogurt (125g)
– 100g (1/2) of granulated sugar
– 125g (1 cup) of all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp of baking powder
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1 pinch of salt
– 24 big fresh (or frozen) raspberries
– 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar or normal granulated sugar (1 sachet de sucre vanille)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C ( 350 degrees F) and prepare your mini cupcake pans with 24 mini muffin liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, sour cream, yogurt & sugar.
- Gradually add the flour and baking powder. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white & salt until stiff.
- Gradually & gently, add the egg white to the other preparation with a spatula.
- Divide the batter equally into your mini muffin pan, add one raspberry on top of each mini cupcakes and sprinkle some vanilla sugar (or granulated sugar) on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve immediately (better eaten the same day or you can store them in an air-tight container for a day.)