This week end was “special occasion” 🙂 We had the family over for my birthday and I was thinking how I am going to set the table: name tag, classy (new) plates and cutlery, cute purple napkins folded as a lotus flower … and what about some “biscuits” for my guests to tease their appetite ?
Parmesan and Black Olives are delighful mediterranean ingredients, perfect to bring some sunshine in a very VERY snowy day. I wasn’t sure whether my 2 year old son will like them. I bring pride in making him taste everything I cook and, at my surprise, he loved them ! I had to hide the box to make sure he wouldn’t finish them all before the guests show up 🙂
Ingredients (for about 45 to 50 small biscuits):
– 80g (1/2 cup) of all purpose flour
– 30g (1/3 cup)of grated parmesan cheese
– 60g (1/4 cup) of butter
– 1 1/2 tbsp of milk
– 40g (3 tbsp) of sun-dried black olives
- Cut the olives very finely and put aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and the grated parmesan & a pinch of pepper.
5. Roll your dough in a clear foil like a sausage (see pictures) and chill for 3hrs, to allow the dough to “dry” and get harder, that will be easier to cut afterwards. You can also put the dough in the freezer and take it out 10 to 15min before cutting.
6. 15 min before you plan to take the dough out of the fridge/ freezer, prepare a pan with cooking sheet and preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (360 degrees F).
8. Allow to cool 10min on the cooking tray once out of the oven.