When I started my blog and after posting a few recipes, my daughters asked me : “Mom, are you going to post your secret chocolate chip cookie recipe ?” .. hum, good question ! I have this recipe since some time now and I have shared it with only a few people … but isn’t my motto :“for the pleasure of cooking and sharing” ? So here I am , “en Avant-Premiere” only for you guys 🙂 my secret recipe of the best chocolate chunk & walnut cookies ! Be aware, they are highly addictive !
Ingredients (for about 25 to 30 cookies):
– 250g (2 cups) of all purpose flour
– 2 tsp of baking powder (1/2 sachet de levure chimique)
– 100g (1/2 cup) of granulated sugar
– 100g (1/2 cup) of brown sugar
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract (or 1 sachet de sucre vanille)
– 125g (1/2 cup) of butter
– 1 egg (room temperature)
– 200g (8 ounces) of dark chocolate
– 100g (4 ounces) of white chocolate
– 100g (2/3 cup) of coarsely chopped walnut (or pecan nuts )
- Cut the dark and white chocolate into small bites (like on the picture) and put aside
- In a small bowl, add the butter & melt it in the microwave (watch the timing: leave it until it is almost melted, then remove it and stir it until smooth). Put aside.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together the melted butter and the egg (room temperature).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix.
- Gently add the 2 chocolates chip and the chopped walnuts.
- Make a ball with your cookie dough and let it chill in the fridge for minimum an hour (you can even make the cookie dough the day before without any problem and leave it all night in the fridge)
- Pre heat your oven to 210 degrees C (410 degree F) and put cooking paper on a pan.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and, with your hands, roll it into balls.
- Add them on your cooking tray and bake for about 10 minutes (of course, it depends on how you like them, extra soft or more crunchy, you can adapt the cooking time. I love them chewy and undercook! )
- Let them cool for about 10min once out of the oven and store in an air-tight container once cold. By the time I need to store them in my metallic box, some of them are already gone (what can I say, the best Cook will tell you ! You have to taste what you are cooking 🙂 and usually, comes the kids, husband, au Pair .. grand parents if around .. so at the end , not too many to store in the box :))
Tip: If you don’t use all your cookie dough, you can easily freeze it and use it one of those days you are in a rush !