This time of the year of perfect to bake cakes with all kind of nuts and dry fruits. They are the perfect match for your morning cappuccino or your afternoon tea. Last day, I didn’t have any dry fruits in the pantry but lots of walnuts so I did my quick and easy walnut cake recipe (You can also replace with hazelnuts or almonds). What I like about this cake is that it’s not dry and you can well taste the walnuts, crunchy in every single bite: yummy !
– 4 eggs
– 90g (1/2 cup) of brown sugar (cassonade)
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract (1 sachet de sucre vanille)
– 80g (1/3 cup) of butter
– 50g (1/3 cup) of all purpose flour
– 160g (1/3 pound) of coarsely chopped walnuts
– 1/2 tsp of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 210 degrees C (410 degrees F).
- Oil & flour your cake pan.
- Melt the butter (in a pan or in the micro wave) and set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with the sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Gradually, add the flour and the chopped walnuts.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites & salt until stiff.
- Gradually & gently, add the egg white to the other preparation with a spatula.
- Add in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down before serving.