If you know me or following my blog, you may have already noticed that it is not the first time I try salty muffins. I like them as they are easy to make and you can try out so many flavours. Those ones are vegetarian, “Italian style” with dried tomatoes, green olives and mozzarella (You can also add a tsp of hot spices if you like). They are really good, still warm, just out of the oven. As the batter has to chill at least an hour in the fridge, you can prepare them in advance and add them in the oven just before serving ! Easy 🙂
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
– 250g (2 cups) of all purpose flour
– 3 tsp of baking powder (1 packet)
– 3 eggs
– 120g (1/2 cup) of butter
– 120g of dried tomatoes
– 120g (1/4 pound) of mozzarella
– 120g (1/4 pound) of green olives, without the stones
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C (360 degrees F) and oil your muffin pan.
- Cut the dried tomatoes, mozzarella & the green olives in small cubes.
- Melt the butter and let aside
- In a big bowl, mix together the flour and the baking powder.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella & olives.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs together with the butter.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the mix in your muffin tins and let it chill for an hour in the fridge.
- Bake for 15min and serve warm.