I must have been around 9 years old when I did my first cake all alone, and it was a Yogurt cake. Last Sunday, my daughter Maya was in cooking mode, she loves cooking and baking, it is in her DNA and I wouldn’t be surprise if she decides to pursue her career as a Chef ! (how cool could that be! 🙂
When I told her she could make a cake all on her own and I wouldn’t be there to supervise, she was over the moon. We read together the recipe and the directions, but then she did it all on her own. She was proud & happy … so was I 🙂
The cake was a success. That is why this recipe is called after my daughter, Maya.
It is an easy recipe for children because they will use the yogurt container (“pot”) as the unit of measure for the rest of the ingredients.
– 1 natural (or flavoured yogurt) yogurt (125g)
– 2 “pot” of granulated sugar
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract (or 1 sachet de sucre vanille)
– 3 eggs
– 1 “pot” of vegetable oil
– 3 “pot” of all purpose flour
– 3 tsp of baking powder (1 sachet de levure)
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and oil a cake pan.
- In a big bowl, mix together the yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract & eggs.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour and the baking powder.
- Gradually, pour the dry mix into the wet mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter in your cake pan and put in the oven for 30min. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean.
- You can serve warm (even better) or cold, with a glass of milk or a yogurt 🙂