My Son turned 2 not so long ago and he is a BIG fan of the serie “Sam the Fireman” (also Toy Story but I had to make a choice and a firefighter cake seemed easier than a Buzz lightyear cake at that time .. 🙂 )
I love Theme Birthday party for kids, it just sounds more fun and you can be sure they will remember forever (ok , maybe not at 2 … ). My eldest daughter still remembers when I did Noddy’s car as birthday cake for her 3 year-old !
So here I am, starting early morning doing the sugar cookies and decorating them with Royal icing, baking the 3 cakes for the Fire Engine Birthday Cake and decorating my table with special firefighter Name Tag !
So, if you have another “Sam the Fireman” fan at home, here some ideas that I hope will be useful ! I have posted below the recipe for the Sugar cookies. Be careful ! They are highly addictive !
Ingredients for the sugar cookies recipe :
– 4 cups (480g) of all purpose flour
– 1 cup (240g) of butter softened
– 3/4 cup (160g) of granulated sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven at 170 degrees C (340 degrees F)
- In a bowl, beat together the butter softened and the sugar until smooth and creamy
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated.
- Gradually, add the flour and finish mixing with the hands until all flour is well incorporated and you can form a ball with the batter.
- Let it chill in the fridge for about 30min
- Roll out the dough in between 2 cooking paper (so the dough won’t stick to your table, neither to your roll ) until it is half a inch thick.
- Cut the dough in the desired shape
- Place the shapes on a tray recovered with cooking paper and in the oven !
- Cook until your cookies get to a nice golden colour
- Let them cool completely before moving them (or they may break)
- Cover (or not) with Royal icing and ENJOY !