What am I going to cook this evening, coming back from work … ?
Sounds familiar to you ?! You bet ! During the week, sometimes, I could just grab a bowl of cereals and here’s Dinner ! I don’t mind cooking, don’t get me wrong here, but it is just ideas that I am missing …
I like to change, one night is fish, another night is meat, then chicken or pork … So, during the week end, I sit down and think about the menu for the week, something not too heavy for the evening and also not too long to prepare (kids have to go to school / kindergarden). This recipe is one of my classic, it is easy, quick to prepare and cook, and everyone loves it ! I hope you will to 🙂
Ingredients: (for 5 persons)
– 1kg of swordfish (= 2 1/4 pounds)
– 2 onions
– 1 apple
– 3 garlic cloves
– 4 tomatoes
– 20 cl (1 cup) of coconut milk
– 2 tbsp of cream (optional)
– 2 tbsp of curry powder
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– salt and pepper
– cilantro/coriander (optional)
- Cut the onions in small slices and the apple in small cubes
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and fry the onions. Add the apple cubes and crushed garlic.
- Once they start getting a nice golden colour, add the curry powder, mix well and reduce the heat.
- Cut the tomatoes in cubes and add them to the pan, together with the coconut milk (and the cream). Salt & pepper.
- Let it cook under low heat for about 10min (do not cover)
- Cut the swordfish in 3cmX3cm cubes (1X1 inch) and add them to the sauce.
- Let it cook under medium heat for about 12 to 15 min.
- I usually serve it with rice. You can also add some fresh coriander on the curry before serving, it will give it a nice fresh twist 🙂