Eggplants, one of my favourite vegetable. I got this recipe from my friend and haven’t done it since long time (it is not the most “diet” dish .. but hey ! It’s cold and rainy outside, so let’s forget about diet for a day and enjoy a nice aperitif with a glass of red wine ! ) I usually like to spread the caviar on nut or fig bread, but I didn’t have any of those at home, so regular french baguette will do.
– 2 eggplants
– 1 and half natural yogurt (you can use fat free yogurt)
– 2 garlic cloves
– 2 tbsp of Tahin (Sesame puree, I usually find in Bio/Organic shop)
– 1 tbsp of salt
– About 1 cup of Vegetable oil
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Peal the eggplants, cut them in slices of about 1cm. Pearce them with a fork (both sides).
- Put them in a sieve and salt them
- Let it drain for an hour
- Then, dry each slice with a kitchen paper.
- In a large pan, add oil and fry them until they get a golden color (don’t let them overcooked or they will be too hard)
- Once they are cooked, put them on a kitchen paper so the excess of oil will be absorbed.
- Put all the eggplant in a large bowl and crush them with a fork.
- Add the yogurt, Tahin and crushed garlic and let it chill for 30min
- Before serving, pour 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Serve cold with slices of bread