Since September, we have a new member in the family, an au Pair coming from Virginia, USA, that is helping us with the 3 kids. Once my husband and I decided to throw a Halloween Party, she was as excited as I am and was looking with me to find more Halloween recipes : )
Once she first suggested the Rice Krispies Treats, I had no idea what she was talking about and I was wondering how the mix “cereals and marshmallows” will taste like … ??? My daughters were all happy to try it (knowing Marshmallow was the main ingredient !) Everyone at the party was surprised by those small pumpkins but EVERYONE LOVED THEM, including me ! Those small treats are ADDICTIVE and dangerously good !
For Christmas, she told me that her mom was also doing Xmas Tree Rice Krispies Treats and Cornflake Wreath Treats … pheww ! I can’t wait for Xmas to come !!
– 6 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereals
– 3 table spoons of Butter
– 280 g of Marshmallows
– Orange food coloring (or Red & Yellow to make the orange color)
– Brown and green Marzipan (or sugar paste as you prefer)
1. Melt your butter in a large sauce pan over low heat
2. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted
3. Remove from heat, and add your orange food coloring (or 4 drops of red food coloring & 2 drop yellow food coloring), until you have a nice bright orange color.
4. Mix in Rice Krispies.
5. Before forming the balls, add butter, or non-stick cooking spray to your hands so it won’t stick… And you are ready to form small Halloween Pumpkin balls !
6. Roll and cut your brown Marzipan and shape the green marzipan as small leaves. Add them to your pumpkin balls.
And it is ready to be served ! ENJOY !