With my husband, we like hosting dinners and inviting people over, but we also like to keep it casual. Something quite common in France is what we call “Aperitif Dinatoire”.
The idea is to cook lots of little appetisers/starters, hot finger food, mini sandwiches and of course, the same for the dessert. We dress it all on the living room table and people can enjoy lots of different food while “chit chating” with one another and having a friendly evening.
It is often more work for the hosts beforehand, but it is worthy because once your guests arrive, you can just sit with them and enjoy the company, no serving !
The “verrine” is called that way because it is served in a small glasse (verre).
I like this one because it is very fresh and also good if you are in a diet 🙂
The combined flavour of the mango with the shrimp and avocado is just divine !
Ingredients ( for 12 verrines):
– 24 big cooked shrimps
– 1 mango (ripe)
– 2 avocados
– some rocket salad (roquette in french) or you can also replace it by cilantro/coriander if you prefer (or put both rocket salad and coriander)
– 1 or 2 lime juice
- Peel the shrimps and cut them in 3
- Peel the mango and the avocado and cut them in small cubes, and scatter them in the verrines.
- Pour lime juice on the mango/avocado mix, then add the cleaned rocket salad / coriander in each verrine
- Finally, add 2 shrimps per verrine, and it is ready to be served !